Here are the winners of the 2014-2015
“Invertebrates of Connecticut” photo contest.
The winner: Stan Malcolm. Flower Fly (Syrphidae) on Chicory (Chicorium intybus). Photo taken in Amston, Connecticut in July 2014
- Joanne Klein. Jagged ambush bug, Genus Phymata (P. faciata or P. americana). Photo taken in Guilford, CT in October 2014.
- Matthew Nochisaki. Pachysphinx modesta on Tulip tree: reared from eggs of a wild caught adult, hatched to an adult male. Photo taken in South Windsor, CT in October 2014
- Mike Thomas. Leaf-cutter Bee, Anthidium oblongatum. Photo taken in Cromwell, CT in August 2013.
- Ray Simpson. A honeybee and a Delaware Skipper. Photo taken at Sand Rd., Canaan, CT in July 2014
- Benedict Gagliardi. Meloid (Epicauta ?funebris) feeding on potato leaves. Photo taken at Merrow Rd., Storrs CT in August 2014
- Matthew Nochisaki. Paonias excaecatus, blinded sphinx moth caterpillar. Photo taken in South Windsor, CT in September 2014
- Ray Simpson. Great Spangled Fritillaries. Photo taken at Machimoodus State Park, Moodus, CT in July 2014
- Benedict Gagliardi. Cicada emerging from larval skin, Tibicen canicularis. Photo taken at Merrow Rd., Storrs CT in July 2014.
- Mike Montgomery. Female spangled skimmer, Libellula cyanea. Photo taken in Hamden, CT in June 2014
- Stan Malcolm. Unicorn Caterpillar, Schizura unicornis. Photo taken in Amston, Connecticut in July 2014
- Mark Smith. Formica ant compound eye. Ant collected in Haddam CT in October 2014.
- Mike Thomas. Male Elephant Mosquito, Toxorhynchites rutilus septentrionalis. Photo taken in Stratford, CT in September 2013.